Testosterone Replacement Therapy for Men
The highly trained Phoenix Low T Therapy Experts at Tutera Medical specialize in treating men located in Scottsdale, Chandler, Glendale and the surrounding Maricopa and Pinal County Areas, who are experiencing the uncomfortable symptoms of Low T, which is also referred to as andropause – the male menopause.
Male bodies go through many changes as part of the natural aging process. Part of this process is a decline in hormone production. Male hormones, such as testosterone, are responsible for efficient and healthy operation of many bodily functions, including muscle strength, hair growth and metabolic regulation. As hormone production begins to decline as part of the natural aging process, men may experience a wide range of symptoms related to hormone imbalance. When they have reached their 40’s and 50’s, testosterone levels can have fallen by as much as 25%, causing weight gain, muscle atrophy, and possibly even sexual dysfunction.
I have had low testosterone since my 30’s. My primary doctor tried pills and patches and that didn’t work. I started using SottoPelle® about 2 years ago and it has worked amazingly! My energy level is great, I dropped 65 pounds and my joints feel like I’m in my 20’s. Going to SottoPelle® has been life changing. I’m 65 and feel like I’m 35! – T.S., Patient of Three Years
Fortunately for men, this decline in hormone levels is not as drastic or sudden as what is experienced by women during menopause. As the levels of testosterone gradually start to decline, most men usually overlook small changes in energy levels, stamina, and short-term memory. It is usually not until major symptoms or conditions present themselves that men begin to consider looking for a way to feel normal again.
Symptoms of Andropause Include:
- Weight Gain
- As men age, testosterone levels begin to decline which often results in a loss of lean muscle and a drop in energy levels. This combination often results in weight gain, as estrogen dominance develops due to the loss of testosterone and an increase in body fat. Restoring deficient testosterone levels with natural hormone replacement can help keep men’s bodies performing at optimal levels and prevent hormone related weight gain with age.
- Depression can be characterized by feelings of despondency and dejection. Men experiencing age related hormonal decline may be new to these feelings of depression. With a changing body and reduced energy levels, middle-aged men may begin to feel as if their youth is behind them. Frustration with body image, sexual performance, or an inability to participate in favorite activities can evoke feelings of depression. However, optimizing male hormones using Testosterone Replacement Therapy has been shown to reverse the signs and symptoms of age related hormonal decline and restore youthful energy, vitality and function to the body.
- Mood Swings
- Men experiencing andropause can show signs of increased anger, sadness, anxiety, irritability and short temper. These mood shifts occur when estrogen and testosterone levels fluctuate and inhibit the chemicals responsible for regulating moods. Restoring hormone balance in men using hormone replacement therapy can help to properly regulate moods and stimulate optimal brain chemistry.
- Memory Loss
- Testosterone is responsible in helping to regulate cortisol levels in the brain. When testosterone levels begin to decline, cortisol levels fluctuate inhibiting mental cognition and causing symptoms such as confusion and foggy thinking. The neurotransmitters are not able to work properly due to the irregular levels of hormones. Ensuring the steady and balanced levels of testosterone in the body as men age can promote a stronger memory and sharper mental cognition while aging.
- Low Libido
- Decreased sexual and reproductive functions are often a result of low testosterone and estrogen dominance in men. Symptoms can include erectile dysfunction, lack of sexual desire and even impotence. Replacing deficient testosterone levels using natural testosterone replacement therapy for men can improve the symptoms of sexual dysfunction and stimulate libido.
- Disturbances in the body’s sleep patterns can be caused by hormonal decline. This effects the body’s ability to properly regulate the circadian rhythms and healthy restful sleep. Identified as an inability to fall asleep or to stay asleep throughout the night, insomnia can become a serious health condition if it persists for days at a time. Deep sleep is crucial to a healthy life. Testosterone Replacement Therapy has been shown to restore balance in hormone levels and brain chemistry, allowing for restful sleep patterns in men.
- Muscle Atrophy
- Muscle loss due to the decline of testosterone levels with aging is a common symptom of andropause. Testosterone binds to muscle cells in the body and promotes both muscle growth and tone. Low testosterone levels can inhibit muscle growth and allow estrogen to begin to build up in body fat. This cycle of muscle atrophy and weight gain can be stopped in its tracks with Testosterone Replacement Therapy for men experiencing the symptoms of andropause related hormonal decline.
The Phoenix Low T Therapy Experts at Tutera Medical believe that, while aging is inevitable and unavoidable, it is possible to age without experiencing a decline in your health. More men are turning to Low T Therapy to restore their youthful energy and vitality as they age. As you get older, you should be enjoying life more, not less! Tutera Medical’s Testosterone Replacement Therapy protocols can help you get back to making the most of life again, and with offices located in Scottsdale, Chandler and Glendale, they make it easy for men in the Phoenix Area to reach their wellness goals. Stop letting the symptoms of andropause and age-related hormonal decline determine your lifestyle.